Seattle Live Webcams
Seattle Live Webcams broadcast streets, squares, restaurants, hotels and attractions of the largest city in the state of Washington, a major seaport and one of the largest cities in the northwestern United States. The map of webcams displays the location of each live webcam in Seattle. Watch the weather in Seattle in real time.
Brief information about Seattle
Seattle is the largest city in the state of Washington and a major port on the west coast of the United States. Seattle is the largest city on the Northwest Pacific coast of the United States and the 15th largest city in the country. It is home to more than 737 thousand people, and the city forms The Seattle metropolitan area with the population of more than 4 million people.
Seattle is located in the northwest of Washington, between the Puget Sound inlet of the Pacific Ocean to the west and Lake Washington to the east, 212 km south of the border with Canada and the Canadian city of Vancouver. It is the largest northern city in the USA.
The city was founded in 1851 as a logging town in the northwestern United States. During the Klondike Gold Rush, the population of Seattle increased significantly. In the middle of the 20th century, Seattle became one of the largest technology centers in the United States thanks to such technology giants as Boeing, Amazon and Microsoft. Port of Seattle is one of the largest in the northwestern United States. He makes a huge contribution to the economy of the region.
Climate in Seattle
Seattle has a mild maritime climate with distinct seasons. The proximity of the Pacific Ocean and The Cascade Mountains has a huge impact on the local climate. The proximity of the Pacific Ocean makes the local climate milder.
Summers in Seattle are warm and sunny with little precipitation. During the day, the air temperature can warm up to +27 °C. Winter is mild and rainy. Snowfall in Seattle is quite rare. The average daily air temperature in the winter months is about +5°C.
Precipitation in the western part of the city falls more than in the eastern part of Seattle due to geographical conditions.
Seattle is the largest tourist destination in the northwest of the USA. The city is known for its vibrant culture, breathtaking urban landscapes, beautiful surrounding nature, national parks and various attractions. The most famous and visited attractions of Seattle include:
– The Space Needle: An observation tower located on the territory of Seattle Center in the heart of the city of Seattle. The Space Needle is a symbol of Seattle and one of the most famous attractions on the Northwest Pacific coast of the USA. Its height reaches 184 meters, and the maximum width is 42 meters. Today it is a popular observation deck that will offer spectacular views of Seattle and the surrounding area with Elliot Bay.
– Pike Place Market: A historic market in Seattle, located on the coast of Elliot Bay north of Downtown Seattle. Here you can buy fresh seafood and fish, local farmers’ products and visit the Starbucks cafe.
– The Seattle Great Wheel: One of the symbols of the city, The Seattle Great Wheel, is a prominent part of the urban landscape. The Ferris wheel is located on a pier on the shore of Elliot Bay in Downtown Seattle and has 53 meters height. It was built in June 2012 and was the largest Ferris wheel on the entire Pacific coast of the United States. The Seattle Great Wheel offers spectacular views of the city and Elliot Bay from climate-controlled gondolas.
– Discovery Park: It is a largest park in Seattle with an area of 19 km2 (11.81 miles), located on the shores of Puget Sound in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle. It will offer visitors hiking trails, beaches, beautiful landscapes, and animal and bird watching. About 270 species of birds live in the park and nearby waters.
– Olympic National Park: Located on the Olympic Peninsula 50 km (31 miles) west of Seattle Olympic National Park offers pristine forests, picturesque Pacific coast, beaches, mountain peaks, alpine meadows and a rich variety of biological species. The Olympic National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Other popular Seattle attractions include the Woodland Park Zoo and the Seattle Aquarium.